Monday, July 9, 2012

No Day is Perfect.

Today was a rather exciting day for me. I had my first job interview, and I finally got my learner's permit. Yes, I know, I'm 16 and should have gotten it  along time ago. Well, I'm lazy, so screw you.

Mom had an interview at the same place as mine (a gym), and hers was scheduled first. I waited in the car and re-read my driver manual. She was interviewed by the manager, and he asked her things like (since she was applying to be in the daycare place, and so was I) "Why do you like children?" and "What's your favorite thing about working with children?" You know, applicable shit. Then we went to get gas, then it was off to the testing place!

I took my test on the computer. You have 25 questions, and you have to get 20 right somewhere in there. Like, I missed two, so I had to end up doing 22 total questions so I could get 20 of them right and pass. After I got my test approved, we went to the DMV where I got my actual permit, and I actually look really hot in it since I already had my makeup on for MY job interview. Speaking of that, we are up to that point in my day.

The day sounds alright by this point, right? Well, here's where it starts to go downhill.

I get in the building for my interview, and some random chick who kindof talked like a bitch starts asking me all those really dumb questions. You know, like "Describe a difficult situation you've experienced and how you resolved it" and "What are your goals for the future?" You know, shit that doesn't have to do with anything. And that I wasn't prepared for, because I figured I'd be getting questions that have to do with the job, or ones that the manager asked my mom. But no, it's the fucking stupid ones. Plus I fell and twisted my ankle on my way out of the place, so that should have forewarned me how this was going to go.

I get called a little later to hear I didn't get the job. Okay, fine, whatever. But I'm positive it's the stupid fucking questions fault.

At least I can have a sleepover now.

No day is perfect.

See you next time,
Miss M

No comments:

Post a Comment