Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Something I hate

You know what I hate? When people make cryptic posts on social media sites and don't explain what they meant later.

Like, recently a friend has been posting all about how she's been having multiple problems in her life and how they're hurting her so bad. She's posted multiple times, on multiple sites, over the last 4 or 5 days. So, trying to be a good friend this evening, I asked her what was wrong. She told me "so many things" were wrong, so I told her I had time if she wanted to talk about them. But then she starts going on about how she doesn't have time, but not in a nice way. I mean, her texts had a snippy tone to them. So I said back, trying to make my text sound like I was appalled, that I was disappointed but whatever. Then she sent one back, real pissed off, that obviously I didn't care so why was I bothering her because she was trying to fix them RIGHT NOW. I mean, WHAT? So I sent back one more telling her I didn't want to argue but I was saying one more thing: that I wouldn't have asked her in the first place if I didn't care.

What did I do? I was expressing interest in her problems, trying to possibly help her figure them out if she'd have only told me, but no. I don't even know.

Okay, I'll admit, I do this a little. But when I do it, it's things like "Why can't I do anything without a debacle?!" or, "The guy I like came back today <3". The difference with me, though, would be that I'd most likely explain what they meant if I was asked. Like, if you asked me about the debacle thing, I'd explain all the problems I've been having while volunteering at a football stadium (I will post about all that either later in the week or maybe even tomorrow, if I remember. That doesn't have anything to do with today's post so I'm not explaining it here. Back to the post.). And if they asked me about the second thing, and if I trusted them enough, I'd tell them who the guy I like is. But if I didn't trust them enough, I'd say something like "Oh, you don't know him" (my friends really don't...he goes to a different high school) or "I'm trying to figure out if he likes me right now, so I don't want to say who it is just yet". You know, perfectly plausible reasons.

All I don't understand about this is, she was taking time out of her "problem fixing" to post on social media about how she's had so many problems, and yelling at me about how she couldn't explain her problems to me because she's in the middle of fixing them, when she obvious had time to complain about them elsewhere. So why couldn't she just tell me WHAT THE FUCKING PROBLEMS ARE. Argh!

Okay, sorry, just had to get that out of my system. Complaining over.

Author of the day: Meg Cabot. Because every girl should read at least one of her books in their life.
Song of the day: I Won't Say I'm in Love from Disney's Hercules. Because it's very true for me right now.

See you next time,
Miss M

No comments:

Post a Comment